Y’all – my friend Rachael went to Chicago and is guest-blogging and here it is!
Do I jog in cold weather in Ohio? I sure don’t. Do I get up and jog in the Ohio mornings? Hard pass. If you make me a personalized felt bib will I try anything? Yes, yes I will!
The doorman asked if there was a race and I told him ‘I guess so,’ 30 degrees and honestly a lot less people out than I imagined. A few blocks from my hotel, I saw a small group of runners, then no one for miles except 1 man who ran with a selfie stick.
I eventually saw 2 older gentlemen on the lakeshore path and when I asked for a picture for my friend they asked my nationality…I said ‘oh, I just need a picture on my phone’ when they asked but WHERE do you come from I said ‘oh my friend Jack made me lovely bib’ when they pressed again I said ‘oh this picture is for Jack’ and this is the picture they took.
I tried to get a pic of the iconic Grant fountain, but she’s got seasonal depression disorder-which is a real thing anyone in the Midwest can attest to. The Bean was excited to see me, of course.
Full disclosure—I celebrated with treats from the Doughnut Vault which was 4 blocks from my hotel….and Ubered back!
Playlist inspiration for a cold Chicago morning (editor’s note – this is quite a playlist! I’m uploading just few of these gems to the Spotify playlist!):
- Let’s all agree that Kanye is in a new chapter of his life but let’s remember he gave us Stronger, Gold Digger, Jesus Walks and Power…..moving on:
- Roar-Katy Perry
- Brave-Sara Bareilles (Cause I am)
- Lost Queen (Cause I also am)
- Eye of the Tiger (duh)
- Heavy Love-Mali Music
- Alive-Krewella (‘just the beat inside my soul’)
- Fight Song- Rachel Platten (Take back your life song!)
- Live Like You’re Loved-Hawk Nelson (It’s true-you’re loved, YOLO!)
- Knock You Down-Keri Hilson
- Power-Kanye (warning-this may cause you to dance waiting for the walk signal at intersections)
- Pump It-Black Eyed Peas
- All I Do Is Win-DJ Khaled (Literally, I am always winning at this life thing)
- The Greatest-Sia
- Start A Fire-Unspoken (Cause joy is good)
- Worth It-Fifth Harmony (Yes I am!)
- It’s Not Over Yet-King & Country (To everyone who’s hit their limit—it’s not over yet)
- Jesus Walks-Kanye (Cause He does!)
- Good As Hell-Lizzo
- This Is Me-Keala Settle
- I Like It-Cardi B
- All Good-Hollyn
- Come Down-Anderson Paak
- Ready For It-Taylor Swift (I’m still mad at her shade to Katy but it’s a good song)
- Feel it Still-Portugal The Man
- What About Us-Pink
- Scars To Your Beautiful-Alessia Cara (Cause we’re all beauties)
- Cut To The Feeling-Carly Rae Jepsen (I DO NOT understand why everyone doesn’t love this?!)
- How Far I’ll go-Alessia Cara
- That’s What I Like-Bruno Mars
- Moments Like This-the Afters